Last weekend, we traveled to Wisconsin to visit MJ’s family. The weather was scorching hot but we stayed cool at the family cabin on a blessedly cold, spring-fed lake.
We tucked the children into life-preservers and took them out into the water. Bug and I saw a snake! swimming while we were paddling and Sweet J just about feel asleep during his ride.
I’m really protective of my camera and don’t like to use it much near water or sand, especially when MJ is threatening to toss me in. While I managed to photograph Sweet J, I neglected to get Bug, save for the picture below when she happened to be behind MJ and J on the raft in the center of the lake. Sorry Bug! But at least we have this one.
Before we headed home, we braved the heat and took a few group shots. I used my newish tripod and remote and got the whole family. They turned out great.
Links to check:
- My sister sent this link to me. It’s a fantastic graduation speech given to a high school class this year. Blunt but honest and asking for the grads to live extraordinary lives.
- Might have to make myself a pair of these simple beauties.
- Have loved these frozen treats this week.
- And grilled these potatoes for our 4th of July meal. Delicious.
Posts from the week:
Things For Which I’m Thankful:
- Air conditioning.
- Cold water.
- Good times with family and friends.
- And did I mention air conditioning?