Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Over the weekend, we gathered with a couple of friend families and had a make-your-own-pizza dinner party. Nothing fancy or complicated. Just make a pizza and bring it to share with the rest of the group.
It was delicious. My stomach filled up much too fast for my liking. Thai, taco, Hawaiian along with the two we brought, jalapeno bacon and, a new creation, buffalo chicken.
Our buffalo chicken pizza was something we made up off the cuff, taking parts of other recipes to make a new one.
The pizza crust is the quick and easy recipe I’ve shared already, the chicken is a buffalo burger recipe we like around here and the rest are bits and pieces taken from Google finds and our favorite local eatery. And it worked. We liked it so much, I made it again last night. Only a half recipe and it is gone too.
We chose green onions over celery and feta over blue cheese and we chose an olive oil/garlic mix over a tomato sauce or anything with Ranch flavoring. The best part of making things at home is making it just the way you want it.
I have a feeling I will be making this a few more times in the near future.
- One batch pizza dough
- 2 chicken breasts, tenderized
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Sprinkle of chill powder
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 box feta crumbles
- 8oz Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Tenderize the two chicken breast well.
- Sprinkle the chicken with paprika and chill powder on both sides and rub it in.
- Drizzle a saucepan with olive oil and place over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook the chicken breasts until no pink remains. (Watch out for hot oil splatter!)
- While the chicken cooks, microwave buffalo sauce and butter together until the butter melts.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take the chicken out of the pan and slice. Return to the pan.
- Pour the buffalo butter mix on top of the sliced chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Make sure all the chicken get covered.
- Once the sauce has thickened up a little, remove the pan from the heat.
- Prepare the pizza dough and press into a greased pan.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Top the dough with olive oil and garlic.
- Add in the chicken, green onions, feta crumbles and shredded Monterey jack chesse.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
Amy is a wife, mother of two and a maker. Making is her thing whether it is food, DIYs or photos of her children. Follow Amy on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Twitter, and through her once-a-month newsletter to keep up with the latest from this heart of mine.