Hello and welcome to this heart of mine. I’m so glad you’re here.
this heart of mine, founded in 2010, is a place for inspiring DIYs, kids crafts, recipes for good food and stories about real life for the modern do-it-yourself-er.
this heart of mine has been featured on Food & Wine, Good Morning, America blog, Nido magazine, Couch magazine, Made in Paper magazine and has had brand partnerships with HP, Tiny Prints, Clorox, Munchkin, Bing, Chex and contributed to an e-book of international momma makers, called Happy Handmade. Other works of mine can been seen on seen on sites like Design Mom, HelloBee and Wayfair.
If you love to make things, I’ve got projects for you:
Want to create with or for your children? Check these out:
I love homemade food and here are a few of my favorites (it was so hard to choose!):
More on Amy:
I was born and raised in Iowa and now reside in the Twin Cities area of Minneapolis with my husband, a hilarious and tolerant blue-eyed guy who I call MJ and our three children, Love Bug, Sweet J and Pipsqueak.
I’ve always had the passion to create; it’s part of my makeup. I grew up in a home where creativity was encouraged and I’ve just never stopped. I am so thankful for the opportunities this blog has afforded me and my family. Creating and scheming and dreaming, photographing and writing within my home is my dream job.
12 random things about me:
- I am the middle child of three.
- My favorite color is red.
- I love to clean and organize. I believe orderliness is a way of life.
- I almost died when I was 6-months-old from spinal meningitis. After having children, it’s so hard for me to imagine what my mom went through.
- I like to admire birds from far away but they scare me.
- My favorite books are: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Partner by John Grisham, Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney and Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park.
- I changed my pre-med major to art in the freshman year of college. And my parents were supportive!
- I love to laugh. It’s one of my most favorite things to do.
- I don’t think I have a favorite food. It really depends on the day and how I’m feeling. However, I can always eat strawberries, peanut butter and something sweet.
- I could use about a week’s worth of solid sleep.
- If I never go anywhere else in the world, I want to go see the Pietà by Michelangelo. And since I’ll already be in Italy, might as well stop for a gelato or two.
- I love to sing and I can play the piano.
Thanks for stopping by.
Here is the link to our site policies.
*affiliate links used