DIY with Design Mom: Marbling with Nail Polish

Nail Polish Marbling ac2

I learned a fabulous new use for finger nail polish – marbling!! – and I shared it over on Design Mom. Nail polish can be used to marble just about anything you want. Crazy, huh? Metal, papier maché, wood, glass, everything is game. And it’s so easy, albeit a bit stinky. :)

Nail Polish Marbling ac1

So head on over to Design Mom for the full tutorial.

Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amy Christie

Amy is a wife, mother of two and a maker. Making is her thing whether it is food, DIYs or photos of her children. Follow Amy on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Twitter, and through her once-a-month newsletter to keep up with the latest from this heart of mine.

{ 8 comments… add one }

• Dana (bloom and inspire) February 26, 2013, 7:55am

I love this idea. And I totally just had a “duh, why didn’t I think of that?” moment. So simple and beautiful!

• Christy @ My Invisible Crown February 27, 2013, 9:42am

I’ve seen it done on nails. It’s all over Pinterest but who would have thought to apply the same technique to well…anything else? So clue! Awesome Amy. I love it!

• Christy @ My Invisible Crown February 27, 2013, 9:43am

*cute…duh.

• tahsin March 7, 2013, 2:52pm

I love this! Heading over now to check out the steps and will probably do this ASAP to one or a dozens things in my house! Thank you!

• Carolien January 28, 2015, 1:25pm

I have a question.. If it dries so quickly, won’t it damage my sink?

• amy christie January 28, 2015, 8:12pm

I didn’t use my sink to do the marbling, instead used a plastic tub, so I can’t give you any advice here. I would be nervous doing it in my sink.

• Jamie Shortz February 27, 2015, 8:46pm

Nail polish remover will get the polish off of your sink. I saw small sections of color when I dumped my tub of water when I was done. One swipe of polish remover and my white sink is white again!